Tuesday 15 January 2013

See what an $80,000 Barbie doll looks like

Random Google image
Beyonce and JayZ's baby Blue Ivy turned one last week and as you would expect, the highest paid celebrity couple in the world splashed out $$$s like no man's business. Beyonce and JayZ spent about $200,000 for Blue Ivy's birthday party. Apart from other miscellaneous expenses, The Sun reported that Blue Ivy got a customized diamond encrusted Barbie doll worth $80,000 as a birthday gift and her cake was worth about $2,400.
The doll (Image from Google)
That must be the most expensive 1st birthday ever! But come to think of it, the girl is only one and way too young to understand. As per the gift, I don't really get it. Remove the diamonds and it's no different from the usual Barbie doll.  I know these guys are rich and they've worked really hard to earn it but I just feel they are overdoing it. They spent £1million on her nursery and £370,000 on a gold crib before they had her. They spent much more thereafter such as buy her a designer shoe worth $800 (I'm sure that shoe doesn't fit her anymore now). But do I blame them? They have the money and if there's anyone or anything to spend it on, it must be their baby. I'll probably do the same or even more for my baby if I was in their shoes. The only thing is they better be donating to charities too and helping people in need. Blue Ivy deserve the best and she's getting it all. She must be the most pampered baby in the world. I really envy her

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your view?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...