Monday 26 November 2012

A true life story: My husband dumped me at our wedding reception


Random Google image
The story you are about to read is a true life story. Please read very carefully. You might learn one or two  lessons from it. 

Like every single lady, I have always looked forward to the wedding day of my dream   but what happened at my wedding reception shocked everyone.

I was in my second year at the university when I met KP. It was at a friend’s engagement party. KP was my type of man - tall, muscular and very handsome. We had arranged a dinner together at my place a few weeks after we met. While we were at the table, KP told me how he felt about me and I couldn’t hide my feelings either.  We cuddled up in the sofa afterwards getting to know each other better. He had just graduated from the university after studying chemical engineering and he is the only son in a family of four.  KP called me every day after that evening and our feelings became stronger each day. 

A few months into our relationship, I was graduating from university. KP organized a party for me. We had most of our friends and family around. It was a fulfilling day. Later that same day KP went down on his knee and proposed to me. I could remember how ecstatic I was that night I couldn’t even talk. I just took the ring off him and put it on my finger. It was a dream come true. At 24 years old, everything was happening fast for me. I couldn’t be happier.
We started making necessary arrangements for our wedding and it was all going smoothly until KP’s mum visited me.  About four weeks before the wedding, I decided to invite her to my flat. It was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made in my life! She picked up on everything I did. She didn’t like my cooking either. Most annoyingly was when she complained about my wedding dress. She said it was too revealing. She even said that I was spending excessively. I felt terrible. I couldn’t tell KP about it because I wasn’t sure how he would react. Instead, I called Abi my friend and told her all that had happened. What I didn’t know was that Abi who also happened to be KP’s cousin has a very close relationship with KP’s mum. 
Finally came the wedding day. I felt like a princess walking into the church during the procession in my father’s arm while the members of the congregation were standing. After taking the vows, the officiating minister announced to the church, “I present to you Mr and Mrs Ade”. It was the best day of my life but things took a very bad turn when we got to the reception. KP called me aside. I observed that he didn’t look happy but I couldn’t have been prepared for what he was about to say. He took off his ring and said affirmatively, “I’m done. I don’t want to continue with this wedding. I don’t think I want to spend the rest of life with you anymore”. I remained calm but sceptical. I didn’t know whether to take him seriously or not.  Then he started to walk away. “KP…KP…” I called out running after him but he wouldn’t stop. Instead he went straight for his car and drove off 
As I made my way back into the hall, my maid of honour tried reassuring me as I cried. What just happened? I thought it was just my imagination but it wasn’t as I also later found out that KP, his mum, Abi and most of his family members and friends had left the reception hall. It was supposed to be my happiest day but it turned out to be the worst day of my life. How do I explain to the unsuspecting guests that the man I just got married to a few minutes ago just dumped me? I couldn’t face it so I pleaded with my mum to explain the situation to them.

I cried all night trying to figure out what I did wrong. Could KP be seeing someone else or perhaps his mother had persuaded him to leave me. She never liked me anyway! I wished I had answers but none was forthcoming. I rang KP’s phone over and over again but he didn’t pick. Abi didn’t answer my call either. Could they have connived together  to ruin my most special day?
Days turned into weeks and weeks into months yet no news from either KP, his mum or Abi. I was still trying hard to move on with my life when I got a surprise phone call from Abi.  She told me she was sorry and admitted she was behind the breakup between me and KP. Before the wedding day, Abi had told KP and his mum so many awful things about me that weren’t true. I’m not sure why she did what she did but I guess it was borne out of envy. I have cut off all contacts with her and trying to move on and although I am still single, I’m not searching.
Hmm...what would you do if you are the lady in this  story? Do you think KP was right to have ended the marriage just few hours into it? Please leave your comments below. 
©Views247

7 comments:

  1. So awkward. OLORUN MAJE OOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beautiful Preccy. It is indeed awkward especially for the lady who initially didn't know why her husband ended the marriage and has since not heard from him. MAy this not be our portion IJN

      Delete
  2. It's very heart breaking but the lady should move on. If it's meant to be , he will come back for her, if not let her go on with her life, prince charming will come some day.

    http://trendysturvs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the comment Trendy Sturvs. Very heartbreaking indeed. I think it's best for her to move on. I won't advise the lady to take him back though if he comes back begging.

      Delete
  3. I have added you to my blog list and joined your followers on your blog. Also join my followers on my blog. Thanks.

    http://trendysturvs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. At our wedding reception, day before yesterday, my new husband got roaring drunk, told me he hated me, called me all kinds of names and informed me he would not be spending the night with me. Needless to say the brief marriage is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad. I wish you better luck next. Sure there's someone who will treat you like a queen that you are.

      Delete

What's your view?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...